Saturday, July 11, 2009

I hope you're sitting down!

**This is a post that I wrote on 7/11/09** And, of course, there have been major changes which are in RED **

Ok, enough of the comments about me not posting since . . . yes, December 31st, 2008!

So here goes . . . I guess I just kept thinking it wasn't serious enough, or funny enough, or catchy enough. But if I keep waiting, then I'll never catch back up. Kinda like those pesky scrapbooks that just haunt me! I used to scrapbook every single week. Yes, Shawn, I know I am really blowing you away today! But I really did. Me and my dear girlfriend, Jeanne, met each week at my house. The guys would hang out, watch wrestling, grill dinner, whatevah, and the two of us would scrapbook! The pages were so good. I say "were" because now when I bring them out, they are so dated! Talk about intimidating. Take an old scrapbook and try to re-start where you left off now with all the gadgets and new trendy stuff. But maybe one day! hehe


So, what have the McAuley's been doing since January 1st (yes, over one year ago)?


Well . . . David is WORKING!!! Praise the Lord! He started with Marion County Fire Rescue in April. Before that, he had already started a job also as an EMT at AeroMed at Tampa General Hospital. He has actually kept that position also which he picks up shifts on his days off duty. He absolutely LOVES LOVES LOVES his job! He is still coming home every day and sharing stories and I see the excitement in his eyes. I pray that never stops. Now, sometimes, his stories are stopped by little ears around because, yes, some are downright disgusting. And, why do firefighters/EMTs think everything gross or sad is "cool?" He still thinks this! But, as of January 2, we were very blessed for David to have been offered a job at Plant City Fire Rescue ~ 20 minutes from home instead of 252 miles round trip! It was a hard decision for him because he loved his department in Marion. But this move was not only closer, but a raise as well. He has had an incredible start at PCFR, loves his crew, and has also started Paramedic school.


There is nothing quite like having a husband who really loves his job! There has been a somewhat of (who am I kidding . . . ) a HUGE transition for us as a family. Everyone, including me, thought that 24 on and 48 off would be a piece of cake! Not so much! We are still getting used to a lot of change. I am definitely a husband-at-home wife and both of my girls are daddy-at-home kinda gals. I guess what has made it so difficult is the second job thrown into the mix. There was a period of about the last 4-5 weeks that David was only home maybe 2 days out of the week. He had given AeroMed his scheduled days on duty for MCFR and THEY SCHEDULED HIM FOR ALL OF HIS DAYS OFF!! Not to mention that on most of those days they had actually scheduled him for the night shift ~ which translates to even when he was home, he was sleeping! Well, we learned our lesson on being VERY SPECIFIC when we give them his schedule! I was convinced that if that kept up, I was either going to have a prescription for Xanax in my hands before the end of summer or completely lose my mind. Again, by the grace of God, David is not working his 2nd job with Aero-Med. He has dedicated this year to completing his Paramedic training.

I am, still, also loving my job with Florida Virtual School. I am now convinced that there is not a better company or group of people to work with and for! I truly have my dream job . . . working from home, traveling, networking, training, presenting, and talking (A LOT of talking to one another when you work virtually!) Good thing I love to talk :)

Through a lot of prayerful decision making, we decided to make the transition for the girls to public school. Prior to this school year, the "neighborhood" option was NOT an option. Being in and out of schools for the past 16 years and now being part of my job to be in all the schools, it has made me keenly aware of the very individual "feel" or environment of each school. I can tell from the moment of stepping into the front office and/or an individual classroom a myriad of things: how the school operates, how happy the staff is, how safe the school is, how happy parents are, how happy kids are, how discipline is handled (and by whom), etc.

Well, this past year, the District unveiled the plans to build a new elementary/middle shared campus in our neighborhood's zone. I ignored it for quite some time. Although I passed the site several times a day, and would glance, it was nothing more. So I thought. Something(one) kept tugging. And I kept answering, "No Lord." Well, anyone who knows me knows that I did my share of "homework." To make a long story short(er), I had meetings with every person imaginable in the District, had meetings at our school at the time, and prayed. In the end, we made the very best decision we could have possibly made. Don't get me wrong . . . we LOVED their private school. There was not one thing that happened there to spur our change. They received a good educational foundation while there. It was simply time for us to make the change.
I will have to write a totally separate blog soon to tell you all the wonderful, exciting, challenging, engaging, and fun things my girls (and us) have experienced this school year.
That's just about it for now. Lots of changes, more than I could write today. But if I don't get this posted, it will sit another 7 months in "draft" form. LOL
So glad to be back. I will not blog as often as the super-bloggers. Its a vice for me personally to "Chronicle" my thoughts, experiences, and just my basic working-mom-wife-friend-daughter-volunteer-PTA President-Team Mom kinda days.




























1 comment:

Shawn said...

What is this?

Who hacked into Pams blog?

I.Am.Speechless!

"McAuley Time"