It is always bitter-sweet to see another year come to a close. It seems that the last week of each year is a roller coaster between the anticipation of Christmas morning, followed by a few days of rest and cleaning up, only to gear up for New Year's Eve/Day.
This week I was able to get all the decorations put away a few days early and the house was back in order on Monday afternoon. I was literally in the middle of taking the scrolls off of the tree (we have beautiful scrolls that each have one verse and together they tell the full story of Christ's birth from the book of Luke . . . they are a big part of our tree decorations). I began thinking what Christmas REALLY means for my girls. As a family, we celebrate Christ year round in our home, at the girls' school, and at church. . . and they are constantly reminded at all three places why we celebrate the season.
Yes, we celebrate Christmas morning having had a visit from Santa through the night. Our girls each get 3 presents from Santa, representing the three gifts brought to Jesus from the wisemen. I do not, by any means, think my girls are going to end up in therapy the day they find out that Santa was really Mommy and Daddy . . . we all made it, didn't we? This has been a tough one through the past few years with the girls' friends (who's parents do not let Santa be a part of a Christian holiday) telling them there is no such thing as Santa . . . I mean, come on!!! They are 7 and 9 for goodness sake!
Anyway, I've gotten off track. . . . there I was, mid-thought while removing the decorations . . . and Madison said, "Mommy, wanna hear what I wrote in my journal?" When she finished reading what she wrote, God answered me by giving me a resounding, "YES! They get it!"
December 29, 2008 ~ Journal entry by Madison
4 days ago was Christmas. I got a lot of stuff. Santa brought me Heelys, a BB gun, and an iPod Chromatic Nano. Yesterday I got home from BeBe & Eddy's house. We all had a blast so I hope we have as much fun every year but of course we will forever, always, and together. Christmas is always. Christmas never leaves us.
With 2008 coming fast to a close, I look back at where we've been, what we've been through, and how much we have used our faith in our most gracious God! It has been the toughest year yet, at least as far as I can remember. But, with that, we have been constantly reminded of what we DO have . . . a healthy and WONDERFUL family, INCREDIBLE friends, an AMAZING church home, and a savior that NEVER leaves us . . . not for even one hour of one of the 365 days in a year!
I pray that 2009 brings with it many blessings for all of our family and friends. We will all make it through this and will forever be stronger for the path we are having to walk.
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9
For many reasons, I have never been one to make resolutions. I've been the one who watches the gym memberships grow like crazy during January . . . and, you just wouldn't believe how quickly it clears back out come February. I've been lucky enough to pretty much eat, in moderation, what I want. I'm not really a drinker. I've never been a smoker. . . . With that said, I do want to move toward making a resolution for 2009. I want to be as much of a support to my family and my friends as you have all been to me! My efforts need to be more concerted toward making sure that you each know, without a doubt, how much you mean to me. So, that is going to be my 2009 resolution. I pray that next year at this time I will be able to look back and know that my first effort of making a New Year's resolution was successful. I love you all bunches! Have a Happy and Safe New Year ~Pam
A Note From Nat
4 years ago



3 comments:
Oh Pam you're s o sweet. I know just the way for you to show me how much you care...go buy a Lexus!
Love ya girlie!
Great post girl!!
What a beautiful post!! You are so sweet! I like your resolution, I think I may do that too!!
Love you!
Post a Comment