Tuesday, November 4, 2008

His Grace is Sufficient!

Wow, I cannot believe I haven't posted since September. A lot of the reason has to do with Facebook. . . or is that the easy target? LOL . . . I love my facebook pals! And some also has to do with the feeling of not having "enough" to update. . . but here goes.



Each time I sat down to blog, I just felt like I was still in such a place of "waiting" that I needed to sit back, be still, listen, learn, and wait some more. If you noticed back on August 27, I wrote about both David and I being in career changes. Most of you know more of the story than you ever had hoped to know. You have been there with us through our worries, through our fears, through our abundant prayers, through our hope, through our disappointments, and through our tears. To all of you, I say a very meaningful and sincere "Thank You" from the bottom of my heart! I know a couple of you who have VERY wet shoulders. Please know how much I love you!


Being in this place has taught me so much, but one of the lessons that has touched my heart the most is one that has been clear to me throughout this season. That is knowing our Lord as Jehovah Jireh! He is my Provider. This has been one of my favorite praise songs for quite some time. I can close my eyes and just hear Simeon singing, "Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, His grace is sufficient for me!"

Of course, their were times of doubt, worry, fear, and anxiety of making it another week. We've cut corners and budgeted from places I didn't even know were possible. We have become creatively frugal to say the least. But not one day went by that we didn't have EXACTLY what we needed.

Last week, a peace came over me that felt very comforting. Just yesterday, I was out to dinner with some great friends. I explained it to them by re-telling the story of Simon. Simon and his fishermen had been out fishing with no luck. They were tired. Jesus came and told them to take their nets and cast them into deeper waters. Simon's reply sounded familiar to me . . . "but Lord, we have fished all night and we haven't caught anything." That's what I have felt like. . . a door would open, I would go through it and it just wasn't a door that led anywhere. It would close. Another door which was a little shinier would open, I would go through it . . . and you get the picture. Another door . . . "Lord, are you sure you want me to go through this one? I haven't caught ANY fish after passing through the other ones and I am tired." And, as Jesus told Simon, "yes, let down your nets into deeper water and catch fish."

Today, I caught my fish! I now have a job that just could not have been more perfectly designed with me in mind! It is bigger than any "catch" I have had before. It is a true blessing given to me by a faithful God.

But, even better news than that . . . I have such a reaffirmed knowledge of where I am to go for my provisions. For 12 weeks, we have gracefully been provided for without a single paycheck. Each time that we wrote out all of the checks for our bills, we praised God for letting us get through another month. We stumbled, we fell, we leaned, and sometimes wanted to stop walking all together. But, just like the Footprints poem, He carried us!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3

I pray that I am continually reminded that Jehovah Jireh is my Provider. I don't want to lose sight of that. It's not a job, nor any possession, nor is it even a bank account that has provided for our every need. It's been His Grace and Mercy!

2 comments:

Paula said...

Pam - I am sooooo HAPPY FOR YOU!! YEAH GOD!!! I was a little distracted this morning and I had meant to ask you about your job decision. So, glad I read your blog!! You are right -- God will provide even when we don't see a way.
Love you my friend!

Shawn said...

You've been on my mind all week, every time I've reached for the phone something has "suddenly come up".

Please know I have thought of you often and can't wait to hear all about your new job tomorrow night!

"McAuley Time"