Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Our Visit With Daddy

This past weekend, David c0uld not come home because they had to work through the weekend. The Fire College planned a Friday night Family Night complete with pizza and, you guessed it, a FIRE! Alisa and I joked on the way up to Ocala that we felt like we were going to have a family visitation to our husbands in prison! I mean, neither one of us KNOWS what that would actually feel like, but we laughed anyway. Oddly enough, as we approached the Fire College, there is a Correctional Institution right before getting there!!! Very funny.

Could these girls look any happier than to be seeing their Daddies?

In David and Cody's dorm room . . .notice that they brought with them a microwave, refrigerator, and TV!


I'm actually not sure who looks the happiest!

Cody with his girlies too.

Couldn't have left out the pose in front of the fire truck. It was so funny because Cody actually looked mortified that we were taking pictures around campus like a bunch of tourists! This one was taken right in front of all of the Captains watching. Oh well!

A memorial at the center of campus honoring all fire fighters who have lost their lives while on duty . . . something that made the girls ask a lot of questions about their Daddy!!


My handsome man with his little girls.

Another handsome man with his little girls.

I couldn't resist . . .

After we gobbled down the pizza, the guys had to "suit up" and it was back to business.

This simulation was of a tank fire with propane gas. As soon as they started the fire, Morgan jumped 5 feet into my lap. We were probably 50 yards away and could feel the intense heat.


They set up a line where we could go take closer pictures.


My camera did not like this whole scenario . . . I've got to figure it out. I had it set specifically for night . . . but here's David on the front right. Go Baby!

And again, same position.
This one is of Cody, far left. This is David and his team getting ready to go in. He is the second in line here.
Did I mention that we were the ONLY ones there with children of our own? ALL other visitors that night were PARENTS who were there visiting their YOUNG sons and daughters! It was hilarious because one family that we sat with at dinner was there visting their son (Cameron McCauley!!) and the dad is 36 years old. . . all the more proud I am of David for doing this! And he's kicking butt!

This weekend will be a well-deserved time for him to be home for a couple of days. I can't wait!



No comments:

"McAuley Time"