The McAuley's are all back together finally! Daddy got home this afternoon and we rushed around because I wanted to be at the church when the bus rolled in. They were scheduled to be in at 5:00. . . . don't cha know that we got to the church at 4:40 PM and Madison's bus was the ONLY bus already back out of about 15 buses! Of course.
Remember me saying that it would probably take about a month to get all the details? Oh, I had it soooo wrong! My girl was so excited to tell all. I have been beaming since I laid eyes on her this afternoon. She had more fun than I even expected for her to have.
Yesterday, when I spoke to her counselor (yes, I did talk to her again because Madison was having a little tummy issue) she told me that it was probably the food there. She said that they had mostly corn dogs, french fries, chicken nuggets, french fries, hamburgers, french fries (did I mention that they like to serve french fries?). I think I want to go!! Anyway, she also told me that twice a day, they serve them a snack which consisted of a choice of candy bars and ice cream! "Whaaaat?" is what I think I said to her. Then, a little voice inside me was asking, "could I maybe dip my french fries into the ice cream?" Yummy! Well . . . . it turns out because I have a little Chatty Cathy tonight, that they, in fact, ate very well! Madison told me she had: spaghetti, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, a salad, pineapple, and ice cream. Now, that's my girl! She knows her good cookin'. Now, I need to back track and call the other moms who I called to tell what horrible food choices they had all week. OOPS!
On the way to VBS Family Night tonight, we even got the quick tutorial of how to make a water purification system with a water bottle ("just in case we are ever out in the wilderness and get lost") so that we can get water out of a stream and filter it through the sand and rocks we find to put into the water bottle . . . . you go girl!
It seems that she was like a sponge this week! I will be uploading some pictures when I get them developed for her tomorrow from the disposable camera she took with her. I am so proud of her!
BTW, almost the first thing she told us was one of her BFF's who was her cabin mate (and bed partner) accepted Christ this week! Madison showed such a natural Christian spirit in telling us because she, herself, was beaming with excitement over her friend's decision . . . that look that only a Christian can have for seeing a new believer coming to Christ!
And, she was awarded "The Best First Time Camper" award!!! We are already talking about next year's camp . . . .
A Note From Nat
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment