Thursday, June 26, 2008

Camp Adventures!


Okay, did I mention that there is really NOOOOO means of communication with my child this week? . . . Madison, who is 8 years old, left home on Monday for a week of church camp which is about 2 1/2 hours away by bus. "Oh, how exciting!" you say? Not so much when you can't talk to them!

After two nights of restless sleep, I caved! I HAD to know my baby was okay, feeling safe, and having fun. After a few tries with texting her counselor, she finally called this morning! I really didn't necessarily need to talk directly with Madison, but I just needed to know she was doing fine! Just when I was going bananas this morning around 7:30 AM (I had been laying awake since 5:00), and A LOT of prayer, my cell phone rang. It was her counselor who informed me she knows how to check her texts but cannot return them easily. Anyway, Madison is doing fine. She did tell me that Monday night was rough for Madison. She was homesick and she cried. It was around 9:00 PM. This is just past the time each night that she curls up right next to Mommy and gets her back scratched. She usually does not go without it. She has been fine since and has been having a great time. I so cannot wait to hear about her week. I keep reminding myself that it may take me about a month to get all the details because she is so 8 years old and when you ask a question, "So sweetie, how was your camp?" "Fine." "So, honey, what did you do?" "Lots of stuff!" "What kind of food did you eat?" "I don't know."


I'll take any of the above comments and smile and hold her tight! I can't wait till Friday!!!






No comments:

"McAuley Time"