Valentine's Day, Softball, Birthday Party, Book Club Movie, Room Makeover, LifeGroup, and NASCAR Oh My!!
We're off to a busy start to a great weekend. It's gonna be a full one, but the great thing is that Daddy is off for the weekend. We love it when that happens!
I LOVE Valentine's Day! And it's not so much the romantic part, or personal gifts (because David and I have never been ones to get one another anything other than some little token or card) . . . but its just that I love trying to bless others with just a little touch of love, caring, and/or friendship. Each year for the girls' teachers, we do chocolate dipped strawberries. I wish I had taken pictures. They were so pretty this year. And, like Shawn, my girls have never (not one year) taken store-bought cards to school for their friends. Not that there is anything wrong with those who do!! Just sayin'! It all started way back in preschool (when I used to scrapbook). It is a lot of fun to see the girls deciding which sticker or trinket to put on whose card and just the special little touches they like to add themselves. Again, adorable!! And no pictures to prove it. One thing was different this year, though. . . we had to print separate messages for "girls" and "boys." "Mommy, I CANNOT put 'Love' _____ on a card to a boy!" So . . . one of my girls who I will leave nameless, says to me (very calmly I might add), "Mommy, I messed up on one and put the 'Love' part on one of the boys." I was really thinking the next question would be, "can you print me another one?" . . . and the question never came!!!! Yes, I made sure to look through them this morning to see which little boy was going to get the 'Love.' . . . . and I'll never tell!
I am secretly hoping that softball will be canceled tonight. There is freezing rain in the forecast all day (no we haven't transplanted up North . . . we are still in FLORIDA!!) and we have to rush to the opening night for a movie night with Madison's Book Club.
Then, the BIG BACKYARD CARNIVAL Birthday Party is in the works for tomorrow. I can't wait to post pictures!
I'll leave you today with this: Wednesday, I'm sitting in my office finishing my work while Morgan was doing her homework in their little study room. And a new email pops up . . . it says it is from Morgan. Here is what it said:
Dear Mommy,
I just wanted to tell you that I can't wait until my birthday party this weekend and I just wanted to say thank you for putting it together for me. your the best mom in the whole wide world.
I also wanted to wish you a happy valentines day.
Love,
Morgan
. . . . PRICELESS!
A Note From Nat
4 years ago



3 comments:
Awww now that makes all your hard work worth it!
ATTN:PAM McAuley!!!
Hello Pam,
I know it's been 4ever and that my name change might have confused you.It was "Terri Gallagher" in middle school but,it's "Taryn Spencer" now and it has been for a long time.I've been waiting 4 you to accept my friend request on FBK.
I decided to try this thing and see what happens.
You look great and your family is beautiful. Family for me=God+me. It's best that way.
I'm ok overall.I have an electric wheelcair now it's easier than the regular one.These days anything that can help make it alittle easier is good.
I'm glad to see we're in the same family.Sorry,I never asked you when we were kids.
Take care.
Love,
Taryn
you can reach me here or FBK:
prayerwarrior69@yahoo.com
I'll give my other contact info.if you want it later.
ATTN:Pam McAuley
what a sweet note to a Mommmie!!! I have secretly hoped things would be canceled, too. Oops. But usually I have a good time once I get there. Usually. I love the Nicole N music you have on your blog, too!!!
Post a Comment